While a factory PC is competent enough to complete simple tasks like browsing and office works, a gaming PC requires more to operate efficiently. The typical RAM, motherboard, sound and graphic card, Cooling system (fan), processor and operating system. All these components determine the quality of your gaming system. These are some suggested minimum requirements for a gaming PC in my opinion. In fact, anything less than these might result in more lagging of your PC on any game.
Minimum requirements for a gaming PC are as follows.
- Operating System: Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8/8.1 (64bit)
- Processor: Intel Core2 Quad Q9300 (2.5 GHz) or AMD Athlon II X4 620 @ 2.6 GHz (Nothing less)
- RAM: a minimum of 4GB (nothing less)
- Video card: AMD Radeon HD4870 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX260 or RX 570
- DirectX: DirectX 11.1 or 11.2
- Sound: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
- Peripherals: A somewhat ergonomic Keyboard, a comfortable gaming mouse and mouse pad and a compatible controller/Xbox controller.
These are simply the minimum requirements you can always get better parts for better gaming experiences. Its all about your budget. In fact, the better the graphics on the game, the more quality parts the computer needs to do the game justice.